18 July 2012

RECIPE: Banana Smoothie

There is nothing I love more than a banana smoothie to get my energy flowing...
Bananas are packed full of potassium, manganese, B6 and vitamin C and naturally fat, sodium and cholesterol free! Whenever I do the 5am shift at work I have my smoothie as a pre-breakfast breakfast or as a boost before dance class.













For one portion, blitz one banana, a dollop of Greek yoghurt (my favourite is the double thick) and some milk using a stick/bar blender and voila, done!

There are so many different variations you could make:
*Raw honey and almond
*a sprinkle of oat bran
*a handful of berries or other soft fruit
*swap Greek yoghurt for flavoured yoghurt
*replace the milk and yoghurt with soy milk or fruit juice for a dairy free option
*a dash of cinnamon or cardamom
*a dollop of peanut butter or other nut butters
*a scoop of ice-cream or nutella for something naughty
 

0 Delicious Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on my ramblings!I truly apreciate all your comments and feedback!

LOVE caitlin